A little more about us
The history of The Spinner and Bergamot Inn, once belonged to the honourable Smith Barry family, of Marbury Hall. The Inn was built back in 1746, with a few hidden tales to be told. The establishment was once called 'The Spinner', which was linked to the local spinning room between Pickmere and Wincham. At the time, this was Sir Huge Barry Smith's favourite ale house, so much so, he named his race hose after the Inn. 'The Spinner' was a grey filly and in 1762 she won four times and went to win the Ladies Plate in Scarborough in 1764. The pub is set in landscaped gardens and a championship bowling green to the rear. A bar, lounge, restaurant and tap room, where dogs are welcome. We have traditional pub entertainment, live sport and a Quiz Night with chip butties at half time. The bowling green is available to hire, please ring the pub to enquire about availability.