Food MenuOur main menu is served Monday to Saturday from 12pm till 8.30pm & our Sunday lunch menu is served from 12pm - 7.30pm There will also be a selection of meals available on our daily specials board.
About The Black Lion
About The Black LionThis riverside pub is a superb place to stay and dine, situated in an official area of ‘outstanding natural beauty’. Only 6 miles from the coast and close to some of the most beautiful countryside in Wales.View more about About The Black Lion
About The Black Lion
Make a night of it! With super-comfy beds available, and those little home comforts, we're sure you'll have a great night's sleep.
Soak up the sunshine and enjoy a tipple in our beer garden.
Feeling peckish? Come dine with us! We offer Great British homecooked dishes served with a smile… and best of all no washing up!
Great Cask Ales
Join us for a pint. We pride ourselves on our beer and offer some of the cask ales in town.
We have a large car park for our guests to use.
A landmark pub and the first pub Robinsons Brewery ever acquired in Wales, The Black Lion is a very special riverside pub. Situated in an idyllic location, a visit to The Black Lion is sure to be a memorable one. With high quality food and accommodation, real ales, fine wines from around the world and our specialty coffees, there will be something for all in this beautiful country pub!
We have five very comfortable letting rooms all tastefully decorated and en-suite. All rooms have flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities. Iron and hairdryer are available on request.
- Talhaiarn ; after the poet and architect, double room with bath and shower.
- Barog ; stream that runs underneath the village, double room with shower.
- Garthewin ; mansion house with beautiful gardens, twin room with shower.
- Elwy ; the river you cross to get into the village, king size room with bath and shower.
- Bodran ; a 287m hill just across from the pub, king size room with bath and shower.
- Elwy and Bodran can be family rooms with a charge of £10.00 per child.
Check in is after 2.00pm and rooms to be vacated by 11.00am, breakfast is served from 8.00 am, earliar on request.
Special diets can be catered for with advanced notice.
Follow us on Facebook