We follow the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, and for the purposes of that Act we are the data controller. We are a registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a data controller, with registration number Z5515535.
Legal Purchase Age
You must not provide us with your personal information if you are not of legal age to purchase alcohol in the jurisdiction in which you reside and (if different) in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing the website. We do not intend to collect personal information from any individuals under the legal purchase age or market alcoholic beverages to anyone under the legal purchase age. If we receive notice or believe that someone under the legal purchase age has provided us with personal information we will make every reasonable effort to remove such personal information from our files.
What is personal information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. It does not include aggregated information that does not allow you to be identified, nor does it include business contact information such as your name, title, business address and business phone number.
Collecting Personal Information
You do not need to provide us with any personal information to browse the website and so you can decide what personal information you provide to us. We will only collect personal information that you choose to provide.
In order to use our website for the purchase of our products, though, we will need to take from you at least your name, e-mail address, mobile / landline telephone number and an address for delivery of products. We will also keep a record of transaction details and fulfilment of your orders.
If you choose to make a purchase from the website, you will be redirected to the website of our secure payment provider, RBS WorldPay for the final stage in the payment process. Information concerning your payment details will be collected, processed and protected by RBS WorldPay. We may also ask you for further information, such as the products and promotions you would be interested in being kept informed about, if you decide to register with us on our website or fill out other forms on the website.
If you wish to enter one of our competitions run through the website from time to time we may also need to take further information from you, as specified in the rules of the competition.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also keep a record of details of your visits to the website, including details of pages and material that you choose to access.
Where possible, we will enable you to select how we will use this information (for example, by choosing to opt-in or opt-out of receiving special promotional offers). But remember, if you're registering specifically to hear from us, we'll take this as your consent to our using such information as we may need to contact you for this purpose, so we won't ask you to tick 'yes' or 'no'.
Where we store your information
We may store the information collected from you or that you provide to us electronically in our computer databases. Our computer servers containing our databases are operated on our behalf in accordance with our instructions and access to those computer servers is controlled by firewalls. Information concerning your payment details is stored, processed and protected by our secure payment provider RBS WorldPay.
Due to the global nature of the internet, the information you provide may be transferred to or stored in countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protections in place relating to your information and how it is used, as set out in this policy. However, we have taken the steps outlined in this policy to try to maintain the security of your information. By sending your information to us, you agree to these transfers.
Use made of your information
We may use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that the website is designed and presented to give you the best possible experience when visiting it.
- To administer any account you may create with us, as well as for transactional purposes, such as credit card sales, and to perform any contract concluded between us.
- For administering any competition that we may run on the website (including contacting you if you are the winner of such competition).
- To monitor your use of our website(s) in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to such contact and you can always ask us to stop doing this).
- To receive news updates and alerts regarding the pubs and brands owned by Frederic Robinson Limited and where appropriate associated third partner suppliers (but only where you have consented to such contact and you can always ask us to stop doing this).
- We may compile and report to third parties (such as advertisers) aggregate statistics about our users in terms of numbers, traffic patterns and related site information but such information will not identify any individuals.
You will have an opportunity to unsubscribe whenever we communicate with you.
Disclosure of your information
We may pass on your information to our brand partners. We will not sell your data to other parties but we may permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to such contact and you can always ask us to stop doing this).
We may also disclose your information:
- To any member of our group of companies; or
- To third parties where:
- we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller;
- our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data of our customers may be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of website use and other agreements or otherwise to protect our rights and / or our property or the safety of our customers.
In common with many websites, we use ’cookies’ to help us gather information from visitors to our website.
The following cookies are used.
You can delete cookies at any time or you can set your browser to reject or disable cookies. If you do disable cookies some functions on the site may not work correctly.
We may use your personal information from cookies for the following purposes:
- the IP address from which you access the site
- the type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- the date and time of your access to the site
- the pages you visit
- the Internet address of the website from which you accessed the site
- To recognise repeat visitors for statistical / analytical purposes.
Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising. e.g. to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked.
Access to your information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.